50% Off your first Lesson!
Refer a Friend and you both get 50% off your next Lesson* (Conditions Apply)

General Information

ESSENDON DRIVING SCHOOL is Melbourne's Premier Learner Drive School committed to helping all learner drivers obtain there license, refresh driving skills to stay safe on our Roads. Having a drivers license is independance, ability to obtain employment and enjoyment to drive around town and country. 


For your peace of mind, our driving school business is fully insured, all training vehicles are ANCAP 5 Star Rated with all side airbags and dual brake control. All our female instructors are certified to work with children.

Get Your P's

Take lessons!

If you are 18 years old and have completed required 120 hours of supervised driving (10 hours of that must be at night unless an exemption has been granted), you can apply for a probationary driver licence.


You will need to book the Hazard Perception Test and the Driving Test


You can book both of these tests online Get Your Ps


Please let us know before hand the date time you wish to book your driving test to insure ESSENDON DRIVING SCHOOL is with you at the time.


Driving Tips

You can refer to the your Road to Solo Driving Handbook Learner Handbooks and Vic Roads website for more tips Vicroads

An Overseas Drivers Licence

You have an overseas driver?s licence and would like to get your Australian Driver?s Licence and/or need some local driving lessons. ESSENDON DRIVING SCHOOL is happy to assist and help you get your Victorian driver?s licence with ease. If your overseas driver?s licence is more than 3 years old, you will get a full Victorian driver?s licence upon completion of formalities.


People requiring some refresher driving lessons could Contact Us or take advantage of our package deals to better drive on Victorian roads. Australian traffic travels on the left side of the road unlike some countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America?s.


If you hold a full drivers licence from any of the countries listed below, you do not need to sit for any formal test. But we recommend you take a few driving lessons to comfort yourself on our roads.

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Croatia
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Holland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Jersey
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Singapore
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • UK
  • USA

Drivers with an full licence from other countries that are not on the above list may need to pass a computer based ?Learner permit test? and ?Hazard test?. Once you have the learner permit licence you may then need either take driving test or take some driving lessons to prepare for the road test according to the drive test criteria.

VIC Roads - Overseas Driver's Licence Requirements

You may drive on your overseas licence for: six months from the date you first entered Australia if the permanent visa was issued before you entered Australia; or, six months from the date when the permanent visa was issued to you if the permanent visa was issued to you whilst in Australia.


For further information visit the following web page: New To Victoria / Overseas Drivers Licences